Our Dental Team
All our dentists adhere to the rules governing the profession under strict guidance from the General Dental Council (GDC) "Standards for Dental Professionals".
GDC No. 61146
Sarah qualified in 1986 from Newcastle University. Throughout her career in general dental practice, she has striven to deliver the best patient care possible. Her aim has been to listen to patients' concerns and problems and so focus on their needs. She tries to ensure that they understand everything and to give treatment options, in addition to building a rapport and finding out more about them as individuals.
Following graduation, she took part in a voluntary two-year vocational training scheme, which included a clinical attachment at Portsmouth Queen Alexandra's Hospital.
Over the years she has completed many postgraduate courses on a variety of subjects including:
- Paul Tipton Restorative Dentistry - one-year course
- Paul Tipton Practical Restorative Dentistry - one-year course
- Abinito Dental Composite Course
- Hands-on Clinical Periodontology Course
- British Occlusion Society courses on the temperomandibular joint and occlusion
She works part-time and is currently studying for a Master of Clinical Dentistry in orthodontics.